Saturday, October 6, 2007

Scavenger Hunt

I completed my scavenger hunt on Tuesday in Second Life and it was as fun as it was challenging. I nearly completed the hunt before class started and then did a little searching while in class. I reviewed Tiffany's blog on the scavenger hunt and she expressed how difficult it was to find #'s 8 & 9. I found it difficult to find them as well as they were located underwater and in the sky. My effort towards finishing the scavenger hunt then led me to explore new islands and change features on my appearance and before I new it...I was being distracted in class. This is what happens to me in real life with gaming, and it is why I try to stay away from gaming and other addictive technology! I can admit, I do not know when to quit sometimes which is why I try to stay away from my potential addictions. I wonder if this may be a future problem for gamers if trying to work in an online environment? There was a research article that was published this past summer on the addiction of gaming and teens. I'm going to look it up and see if I can blog on it sometime this semester. Anywayz...

My hunt was completed during the week, I'm not quite sure where to post my snapshots though? I sent out a twitter mass message to see if anyone knew but didn't get a response and the files are too big to send through e-mail. So some feedback would be good from any of my classmates in cyberspace! Was it just me, or were the most difficult flags right under our noses?



No comments: