Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My Technological Theme Direction

I have been pondering what I am going to do my theme on for a while now. I have a passion for art and design, I've been applying this passion by combining it with the use of technology as of recently. With that explained, I had a talk with Dr. Z. about what direction I should take with my theme and he gave me some inspiration to run with. I want to teach a topic that I have experience and a passion for, but I am not a supporter of teaching graphic and visual elements to an online audience. I say this because I am a visual and I would have a touch time just following a long with a text book that should be read, and assignment layouts that have due dates every other week with no visual support and guidance. I need to interact with my instructor and have examples demonstrated to be effective for me to learn. I could learn graphic elements online, but the knowledge would not be as effective as it would be in a classroom environment for me.
What has inspired me is teaching in a virtual world environment, Second Life is a good example of the capabilities and effective learning that can take place with my topic. Being able to show examples and visual displays in a 3 dimensional setting, or play movies and slide shows are all possibilities. I'm still getting acquainted with SL, so I know I have a lot to learn. But I have a lot of inspirational juices flowing with this subject matter. I look forward to developing it.
I have listed a link below is one that I am reviewing for my podcast. I think it should be beneficial as it addresses how to podcast for education and corporation.
http://www.learningcircuits.org/2005/jun2005/0506_trends

No comments: