Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Second Life

Today I finished flying around in Second Life and trying to manage the tutorials. I'm not the most patient man in the world, so I started experimenting with the tools and options before the tutorials were complete. It is so strange, because I find myself interacting with people in the virtual world similar to the way that I interact with people in the real world. I am not one to go up and strike a conversation with anybody, and I often avoid it at times with strangers. I find myself trying not to bump into people, and not "stair" at them if they have on odd attire lol. I was reading my classmate Sarah's blog and she had a lot of frustration with getting to know the software. I had similar problems, but I like the trial and error methods so I just kept testing tools out. Sarah was saying that through her frustrations she can see the value that the software can have on the educational and training fields and I agree. If I'm interacting the way that I would in the real world in this virtual world, I think that learning can also be just as effective. I have some more flying around to do, so I'll be posting on additional findings again soon. In the meantime you can take a look at Sarah's blog and give her some feedback about what you think: Sarah Rad

No comments: